Pooches Galore PR Toolbox
Client: Pooches Galore
Project Type: PR Toolbox
“PR Toolbox is a fantastic package and I’d recommend it to any small business on a tight budget. I was delighted to secure 2 pieces of media coverage in my very first PR task, one of which is a regular weekly column in one of my key target magazines! The package has already paid for itself (and then some), and thanks to the training I now have the skills, confidence and media contacts to continue building the profile of my business”
Pooches Galore, a dog walking, training and boarding company, wanted to raise awareness of the business and its founder, Kim Metcalfe. Kim didn’t want to simply outsource her PR, but instead wanted a package that would teach her how to generate excellent media coverage for herself, both immediately and long term.
Kim signed up to our PR Toolbox package in December 2011 and with monthly mentoring sessions we worked with her to:
- devise a PR plan
- brainstorm ideas for advice articles and angles that would be of interest to her target media
- give training on how to write a press release
- revise and give feedback on her press material
- give training on how to pitch to the media
- share our valuable media contacts with Kim
- share template releases and email templates with her
Result: Kim’s first pitch to the media achieved fantastic results. She secured an advice piece in K9 Magazine and a regular column in Dog Training Weekly Magazine. Your Dog, the leading magazine for dog training has asked her to submit article ideas for 2012.